[Zope] IsDaZope: a Zope checker and relauncher

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:11:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> Jerome:
> > Ok, it hangs zope. Now I can hang it when I want.
>
> Scarey that this is a good thing.

yes, but it's very useful...

> I'm not really sure, but I don't think it crashes the thread/Zope it just
> spins it out.  Therefore the client (in this case your script) thinks that
> it will get there eventually and just waits.  It's not that the thread or
> Zope isn't there, it's just really busy.

I don't know if you're right because when I launch your dtml method Zope
seems to be completely frozen, even for other browsers from somewhere
else so maybe more than one Zope thread is blocked.

> BTW, if you kill that spinning thread, Zope returns to normal op.

Not tested. How do you detect which thread to kill ?

Anyway I'm glad your method helped me debug the program which works fine
for me now.

bye, and thanks again.
Jerome