[Zope] Unanswered questions...

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:15:45 -0500

>warning... rant beginning
>
>Unfortunately, I have posted some questions to this mailing list, and have
>not received an answer; not even a "read the manual" (as if there is a
>good one... :]).  Now, I can understand not getting a question answered if
>it has been covered many other times before; however, I would think such a
>question would warrant a response similar to "check the mail archives".  I
>find it hard to sanction Zope to my management when I can't get any
>
>rant ending...

Three reasons why sometimes questions slip through:

1. You named it: It was answered a thousand times. Please search the
mailing archives, before posting a message.
2. I always delete most of the messages during the day, since several
people answer one question. That also means that one may slip through.
3. I cannot answer a question, since I simply do not know the answer.

So, your best chances are by posting the messages at night. Also, if you do
not know Python, learn it. It will take 2-3 days only. Knowing Python will
answer a lot of the common questions asked.

Hang in it! :) Send a question now, and I will try to answer it. :)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development