[Zope] Unanswered questions...

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:04:39 -0400

Andrew,

Sorry you've not got answers...

I've went back and looked at your q's.  The two that weren't replied to
(AFAICT) I don't know the answers to (one about IIS and one about the
tree tag).  Personally, I know nothing about Zope/IIS interaction, and
little about the tree tag beyond what's in the docs.

Zope may not be for you if you're relying solely on the mail list to get
questions answered and you need gunaranteed turnaround time on issues.
There is paid support available.

One tip to get better response on this list though - there are a lot of
Linux/UNIX users here, and for the most part a lot of them use Netscape
Communicator to receive and send email.  For better or worse, your
mailer doesn't insert newlines at a sane column in the messages you're
sending to the list so everybody using communicator needs to scroll
horizontally for each of your paragraphs.  Believe it or not, that can
make a difference.  It's a pain and most folks here are pretty pressed
for time.  Maybe try to set your mailer to insert newlines or use a
different mailer.  I know it sounds stupid, but I bet some people didn't
read your messages because it's sort of painful.