[Zope] Answer about REQUEST problems in 2.1.6 ZSQL Methods...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:30:39 -0400

For those of you who have been struggling to figure out why
references to REQUEST (like <dtml-with REQUEST>) don't seem
to be working anymore on 2.1.6 installations, I think I've
finally tracked it down.

In lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, there is a section
near the top:

try:
    from ExtensionClass import Base
    __roles__=None
    class RequestContainer(Base):

        def __init__(self,**kw):
            for k,v in kw.items(): self.__dict__[k]=v

        def manage_property_types(self):
            return type_converters.keys()

Note that the __roles__=None line is in a silly place - it really
wants to be in the class statement:

try:
    from ExtensionClass import Base

    class RequestContainer(Base):
        __roles__=None
        def __init__(self,**kw):
            for k,v in kw.items(): self.__dict__[k]=v

        def manage_property_types(self):
            return type_converters.keys()

Note that this fix will be in the next release - in the meantime
you want to make this fix to your BaseRequest.py file in your
2.1.6 installation rather than work around it by changing DTML
code to pass the REQUEST explicitly.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909