[Zope] Property Problem (type converting)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:52:31 +0100

Sven Hohage wrote:
> I like the property of a folder being a list, because new entries should
> be automatically updated(strings with the current month-name).
> I've tried tokens but it's not working correctly.
> <dtml- if "not MonthNow in oldTime">
>     <dtml-call "oldTime.append(MonthNow)">
>     <dtml-call "entries.manage_changeProperties({'months':
> oldTime})">//months is the token-property
> </dtml- if>

What is MonthNow? Property? REQUEST variable?
What is oldTime? IS it also a property?

What do you actualyl want stored in 'months'?

> The problem is that every new entry is a single list.I've tried
> type-converting but it's not working for me.

Sorry, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, try rephrasing :S
What do you mean by a 'single list'?
What sort of type-conveting did you try?

Sorry for all the questions ;-)

Hope I can help,

Chris