[Zope] request for advice

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:06:03 +0200

> I started with popen2 and friends.. but that didn't seem to play well
> with Zope... probably mixing processes and threads is a bad idea... I
> dunno. Anyway I'm not sure of the best way to do this in Windows. Of
> course, ulitmately Shane Hathaway's idea of having a separate 'mini
> cvs servelet' process running that zope communicates with via tcp/ip
> could be the best way to add security and platform independence, but
> it sounds like a fair amount of extra complexity to me, esp when I
> don't have a lot of 'free time' to implement such a strategy.
>
> Any thoughts about this?

Just the redirect idea: WinCVS (www.wincvs.org) uses some method of
embedding CVS inside Windows application (IIRC they even separate CVS
access methods into some DLL). The application is open source, maybe
there is some idea to borrow?

Warning: to say the truth, I have never read WinCVS sources. But I used
WinCVS ;-)

--
 www.mk.maxi.pl  | People resist change, regardless of what it is.
Marcin.Kasperski | (Michael Reed)