[Zope] Moving Objects that are Cataloged...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:24:07 +0100

Andy Dawkins wrote:

> Whilst in agreement with Chris I would like to throw another situation in
> here that CatalogAware doesn't cater for.
>
> If you change a folder name, somewhere higher in the tree, then all the
> cataloged objects references are incorrect.
>
> I think this is the same problem that Chris mentioned but a different
> implementation.

Slightly different, but still the same basic problems caused by storing
a patch to an object rather than a reference to the object.

Can someone remind me of the advtanges of storing the path?

cheers,

Chris