[Zope] ZCatalog attachments?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:06:41 +0200 (CEST)

Simon Coles writes:
 > We have binary files stored in Zope, for example Word documents (but
 > could be any of a variety of document types).
 >
 > We would like to be able to index and search the contents of these
 > files using ZCatalog. So if a Word file contains the word "Fred",
 > then any search for "Fred" would include that file in the list of
 > documents returned.
Someone else already told you, that you must create a parameterless
method (it need not necessary be named "PrincipiaSearchSource")
that returns the files content.

You may not need to keep the rendered version around but
may be able to extract the plain text on demand.
I think, there is a "word.dll" that provides access to
MS Word from applications. Alternatively, you could
control Word via COM.

Dieter