[Zope] Less than helpful traceback

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:21:54 +0200 (CEST)

Spicklemire, Jerry writes:
 > Any thoughts about how to find out what the erro message
 > (below) means? If I could just find out what exactly is
 > not being found, it would help alot, but there's no hint.

 > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
 >
 > Resource not found

 > Troubleshooting Suggestions

 > For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
 > source for this page.

For unknown (but strange) reasons, at least earlier Zope versions
(up to 2.1.6), sometimes place the URL of the missing resource into
an HTML comment. Therefore, you will not see it in rendered problem report,
only in its HTML source.

Thus, follow the hint: tell your browser you want to see
the HTML source of the error report.

Dieter