[Zope] sybase - hmmm

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:22:27 +1000

I know that zope runs on everything else, but how do we reconcile the
DC/Sybase partnership announced late last year

"Sybase is committed to delivering best of breed products supporting
open platform development. We are pleased to partner with Digital
Creations, and by supporting the Zope application server with Adaptive
Server Enterprise, we deliver an enterprise-class database solution for
customers using Open Source technology," said David Jacobson, director
of product marketing for Sybase Enterprise Solutions Division."  (see
http://linuxpr.com/releases/661.html)

with today's Sybase announcement that

"Sybase will not be incorporating Linux into its internet application
product range in a move that runs contrary to current industry trends
and to the company's overall strategy. The move comes after a trial run
failed to grab customer interest."
(see
http://www.silicon.com/public/door?REQUNIQ=965611102&6004REQEVENT=&REQINT1=38967&REQSTR1=newsnow)

We're becoming a sybase/zope/linux dependent outfit; to whom should I
email my concerns - or is it time to move to another SQL backend?