[Zope] Zope is slow on a windows 2000 server

Meeting Maker Webmaster webmaster@meetingmaker.com
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:20:33 +0200

Hello,

I've been using Zope on a Linux box without any problem this last month. I
now have to move the Zope server to it's final location, which is a Windows
2000 server (it's not my choice ;-(

I am trying to get the user authenticated based on his IP address to allow
everybody on the subnet we are here to access the Zope server, but not
other IPs. This works fine except it is really slow (about 5 seconds to go
to an object to start downloading). I've tried it on a clean Win2k box to
check if I had a problem with my configuration, but it didn't change anything.

Here are the basic operations I did. First create a local role "test" in /
that has the same authorization as anonymous. Then disable any
authorization for this Anonymous user. Create a user in acl_user which
don't have a password but has a domain entry 192.168.0.* and the role
"test". Now when I connect from the 192.168.0. subnet, I have access to the
Zope server, but it is very slow to answer. When I add a user that has to
log in (password instead of IP check), it goes much faster.

I am using Zope 2.2.0 with the built-in Medusa web server.

As I am with the Win2000 questions, is there a way to configure IIS to
behave like Apache an the rewrite rules?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Gérard Métrailler Jr.

Meeting Maker Inc.
... the intelligent choice for collaborative scheduling

Email: webmaster@meetingmaker.com
Web: http://www.meetingmaker.com