[Zope] Accessing .gif on disk with Python Product?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:59:28 +0200

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:08:06PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> > I don't see this would make a difference; Zope is passed the base URL at which
> > it takes over the URL. A SiteAccess object may only influence parts of the URL
> > that come _after_ this base.
> >
> > http://zopeintherooturl/foo, where foo is a Zope object, has SCRIPT_NAME='/',
> > while http://zopeinasuburl/zope/foo, has SCRIPT_NAME='/zope/'. Zope may remove
> > the foo from the URL because of some Virtual Host rule, SCRIPT_NAME will still
> > be valid.
>
> Sorry, I'd have to agree with Evan on this one. I'm pretty sure I've had
> SiteAccess not play nicely wih SCRIPT_NAME whereas BASE1 works fine...

I still think something else was broken, SiteAccess should (and does, as far
as I know) stay away from SCRIPT_NAME. It could be that this is not the case,
which would be a bug.

One way of telling this is if in the management interface, icons in the left
hand tree are broken. They rely on SCRIPT_NAME for URL generation.

--
Martijn Pieters