[Zope] GUF

Stuart Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 06:50:29 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Mathias Bengtsson wrote:

> I have GUF installed and I have succeded in coding som managing tools
> for this. From what i see i have also found a loginpromt (for cookies).
> My problem lies in that i don't know how to get the user logged in. I
> try to use userAuthenticate but when i look in the code i see nothing
> that have anything to do with how to get the user logged in. If i try to
> use post and sending the login information lika user_pass@zope... I have
> the problem that thoose user only exist for the "usual" acl_users. Can
> anybody help me

Create a document that can only be viewed by an authenticated user
(eg. all my users get the role 'Authenticated' as well as their
other roles). This document is your 'login succeeded' screen.
When a user tries to access it, they don't have rights as an anonymous
user so Zope's authentication machinery kicks in and your login
screen is rendered. After successful authentication, the 'login succeeded'
screen is displayed.

--
Stuart Bishop                          Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au