[Zope] substring search on zcatalog textindex

pja@clari.net.au pja@clari.net.au
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:28:52 +1000 (EST)

Hi people,
  Got a slight problem.
I've got a zcatalog with a heap of names in it, and I want to be able to
search for and find a name, given I only know  part of the name.
I did have it going through the entire catalog and by using the substring
function, had it only display a result if there was a match, otherwise it
didn't display anything.  This was ok until the catalog grew bigger.
As it is displaying the results in batches of 20, if there is no match until
say the 300th element in the index, then it will display a page with only the
"previous 20 results" and "next 20 results" links, and nothing inbetween
them, and by following the "next" link, you have to go through 15 such pages
before you get to the actual matches.

So the question is, does anyone know of a simple way to get the zcatalog to
also find substring matches on a textindex?

--
Peter Armstrong