[Zope] how to override SERVER_URL?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:14:58 +0200

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 05:15:10AM -0500, Roman Milner wrote:
> I need to override SERVER_URL so I can trick Zope in to giving me the
> correct base href. I can't figure out how.  I tried exporting it as an
> environment variable, and putting it in the http headers - but neither
> worked.  Can anyone help? I'm runnig ZServer without apache.
>
> FWIW, the reason I need to do this is I'm trying to write a simple
> load balancing proxy server with failover support that works at the
> http level and not at the tcp level for use with ZEO. The problem is
> the base href returned to the client points to the actual zope server,
> not the proxy server.

This is exactly one of the things that SiteAccess was designed to do. If you
use Zope 2.2, get SiteAccess 2.0:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess2

For older versions of Zope, use SiteAccess 1.x. Note that there are some
issues with SiteAccess 1.0 that have been solved in the Zope 2.2/SiteAccess
2.x combo:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess

--
Martijn Pieters