[Zope] Requested Zope feature

Seb Bacon seb.bacon@razorfish.co.uk
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:48:07 +0100

yup, this is how i work too.

how about adding some javascript to the manage_* methods that reload the
related window (if it's open) whenever the source changes, too?  a problem
with this might be ending up with a mass of windows all over your desktop,
which is invariably horrible.

otoh, there's (almost) no js in the management interface at the moment, and
i generally think this is a good thing.  i hate js.  i presume this was a
design decision from the start?  however, if this was to guarantee browser
interoperability, why are there lots of frames everywhere?  and there is
some js beginning to creep in now (e.g. help screens).

however, this functionality would not replace any existing interface bits so
perhaps it's not a bad thing.  and although i hate js it can be a very
useful piece of evil.  a dynamic tree on the left instead of a yuk frame
that hardly ever reloads would be a nice thing too.

just thinking aloud.

seb.