[Zope] security settings go blank on change!

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:15:07 +0200

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 10:08:20AM -0700, Paul Abrams wrote:
> Yikes!  Every time I try to change my security settings all
> of the checkboxes become unset when I save the form!
>
> 1. Open up any "Security" tab
> 2. Change a checkbox
> 3. Save the form
> 4. Click 'Ok'
> 5. ALL of the checkboxes are empty!
>
> Has anbody else seen this problem? I have a workaround, but
> I'd rather have a permanent solution. Any ideas what this
> could be?
>
> Workaround:
> I tried to undo the transaction, and saw that
> manage_changePermissions was actually called twice. The
> first call does what it should but the second call wipes
> out all of the checkboxes. Thus, if I undo both
> transactions I'm back to my starting point and if I undo
> just the latest transaction I actually get what I wanted.

What do you actually mean with "3. Save the form", "4. Click 'Ok'"? I
generally just click 'Ok'. Somehow your browser seems to submit the form twice
for you, once with the correct change and once completely empty.

As this works fine for me I must assume your browser does something funny.

--
Martijn Pieters