[Zope] ZClass strangeness: broken basic management actions

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:29:20 +1000 (EST)

I'm almost at my wit's end (again).

I have several very simple ZClasses (*none* of which
are subclassed from CatalogAware).  The "Basic" tab
shows them all to be subclassed from "ZObject,
ZObjectManager".  Recently I posted asking how to
implement copy/paste programatically.  It turns out
this was somewhat premature - I can't even get this
to work via the management interface, all of my
ZClass instances reporting that "object X doesn't
support this operation".  One of my ZClasses doesn't
even allow renaming, throwing the same error as above.
In all other respects the classes work as expected.

This is happening on a number of Zope platforms (irix,
NT, Win98) with versions of Zope everywhere from
1.61 to 2.2 which leads me to believe that I'm doing
something fundamentally wrong.  Any ideas are
much appreciated - I'll even send along an exported
ZClass to anyone willing to investigate the source
of my error on their local machine.

Cheers,
Darran.