[Zope] Problems with LDAPmodule on sunos5

Jarkko Veijalainen Jarkko.Veijalainen@tecnomen.fi
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:51:08 +0300

I have created Zope site on Linux wich uses external methods to access LDAP.
I transferred my site to Solaris8/sunos5 but i can't manage to get
LDAPmodule working on sunos.
Finally after two days of work and with pretty slick manouvers, i managed to
build LDAPmodule (archive.csee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/dc-prj/ldapmodule/) on
sunos, but there something wrong in the module.
On linux there no problems and building is easy as taking candy from
children. I did excatly the same on Sunos but module just won't work.

with simple python script, i get following error:
    File "test_ldap_lib.py", line 1, in ?
    import sys,ldap,pprint
    ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
./ldapmodule.so: symbol ber_init: reference
    d symbol not found

and from Zope:

Error Type: ImportError
           Error Value: ld.so.1: /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0/bin/python: fatal:
relocation error: file
           /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0/lib/python1.5/ldapmodule.so: symbol
ber_init: referenced symbol not found

has anobody managed to build LDAPmodule on sunos5?
or can anoby give me some advice, what went wrong?

	jarkkov