[Zope] access via http://<some domain>/Zope/

Michael Demers drahkan@nitemaster.yi.org
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:25 -0400

I have Zope running on two seperate machines. I configured the machines
EXACTLY the same.

The development machine which is MASQed behind the production machine
can access Zope via

http;//localhost:8080
and
http://localhost/Zope/

The production machine can be accessed via

http://www.nitemaster.yi.org:8080
but not by
http://www.nitemaster.yi.org/Zope/

When I try to access via the second method, I keep getting a FORBIDDEN
error message. I have searched file permissions comparing the two
implementations to no avail. System specs to follow in case it is
something with those but I don't believe so.

Development Machine
RedHat 6.2
Apache 1.3.12 (Standard Install from RedHat)
Zope 2.2.0

Production Machine
RedHat 6.1
Apache 1.3.12 - (Custom Install from Sources)
                             - /usr/local/apache/ source tree
Zope 2.2.0

I am sure it has something to do with permissions somewhere but I am at
a loss.

ls -l /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody        582 Aug 10 22:16 Zope.cgi

 ls -l /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0-linux2-x86/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nobody      36231 Aug 10 22:25
/usr/local/Zope-2.2.0-linux2-x86/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper

If there are any other files that you want the permissions for, just let
me know :)

Michael Demers
Nitemaster Consulting Services
mdemers@nitemaster.yi.org