[Zope] Zope on Linux, Oracle on another machine (Solaris) what to do?

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:09:33 -0700

Hello,

Newbie question here...  Thank you for any and all help...

The subject line says it all..

What's the best way to connect an instance of Zope running on a Linux
box to an instance of Oracle 7.3 running on a Solaris box in the same
subnet...

As far as I can tell, the OracleDA seems designed to connect an
instance of Zope and an instance of Oracle running on the same
machine.. We don't want to do that because then we would effectively
have to buy Oracle twice..  (we already have the 7.3 server up and
running..) Am I wrong? I am willing to go through the whole Oracle
install on this machine, to get the libraries, but I need to know
that I'm not barking up the wrong tree..

Also, are there any other decent alternatives? ODBC?  ????

Thank you!

Chris

cbeaumon@msri.org