[Zope] zeo and rdb backend

bak @ kedai kedai@kedai.com.my
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:03:58 +0800

> I have to look further, but I think a good solution for local
> configuration
> issues would be a mountable database for specific sections (like
> products
> and some folders with database-connections and such)
> Imagine a situation where different instances of zope, connected via zeo
> have
> to use different database-connections (odbc for windows, any other for
> unix).

i think mountable databse is still alpha, even with filestorage.  not sure
whether it works if we use ZEO.

one thing that still bothers me, how can we minimize conflict error?  we
cannot restrict users from making changes, updates.  but users will complain
for such errors.

i'm looking at writing a howto use ZEO, and am looking for responses,notes
from the gurus, what's good, what to avoid, good design methods, multiple
storage points (still can't get to work), etc.  i need pointers, help
because i am a user not a brilliant programmer/developer like most of you
guys are, and do not fully understand ZEO.

> Regards
> Tino Wildenhain

thanks