[Zope] Zope culture (Was: [Zope] Simple DTML date-stamp)

William BC Crandall wcra@beest.midat.de
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:43:25 +0200

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the historical pointer.

Also explains why 'Add Z Gadfly Database Connection'
pops up a strange sounding comment for new Zopers:

	Additional data sources may be created by making
	additional directories in the var/gadfly subdirectory
	of your Principia installation.
	        ^^^^^^^^^

Another question of 'Zope Culture': Is the anti Win98 feeling
I get an accurate assessment of the Zopista community?

I've been having more than a little difficulty installing
MySQL-Zope tools on Win98 ('ZMySQLDA on Win32'). Only one
person (Phil Harris) has been willing to answer questions.

But the mailing list, by volume and quality, gives clear
evidence of an active and intelligent Zope community.

Andy Dustman's documentation for what seems like a nice
MySQL interface puts it clearly:

	<P>Windows is <EM>not</EM> a supported platform.

I currently function in two worlds, Win98 and Linux.
Would I be right to say that 90% of Zopers live in world
number two?

Regards,