[Zope] UserLDAP and DTML

Eric Shuman eshuman@outrider.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:38:39 -0700

I have just installed the recent product betas of ZopeLDAP and
UserLDAP.  Everything seems to be working except for one problem.  DTML
statements do not seem to be recognized by the LDAP queries. The
"ldapUserQuery" under the properties of the "acl_users" folder created by
the addition of a "User LDAP" object is the key offender.   In this query
there is this statement:

uid=<!--#var name -->

The parameter "name" is passed to the query.  If run here are the results:

---------------------
no results

Filter used:

uid=<!--#var name -->

If I hard code the query to use a specific uid then everything words
fine.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Any ideas on what may be the
problem? Are there any specific permissions that need to be set?

Thanks for the help,

Eric Shuman

~Eric