[Zope] substring search on zcatalog textindex

pja@clari.net.au pja@clari.net.au
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:12:49 +1000 (EST)

> > So the question is, does anyone know of a simple way to get the zcatalog
> > also find substring matches on a textindex?
> >
> > --
> > Peter Armstrong
>
> For Text Indexes you can use wildcards like * and ? in searches. So that
> searching for Foo* would find Foo, FooBar, fool, etc. I'm not sure if this
> works for Field or Keyword indexes though, I haven't tried it. My though is
> it only works for text indexes which should help you anyway.
>
> Good Luck,
> Casey Duncan

Well, this sounded like it would do just fine, however, it doesn't seem to
work. :(

I'm using basically a zsearchinterface, and if I enter something like inter*,
it comes up and says there was no matches, despite being able to find plenty
of matches if I enter internet.  Also, the and and notand don't seem to work
 either.  Also, entering internet* also turns up nothing.

I didn't setup Zope here, so I'm wondering if something could have been
missed out then that could cause these things to not work?  Or perhaps a
version too old?  Or could it be a problem with my dtml not talking to the
Zcatalog in the correct manner?

TIA
Peter Armstrong