[Zope] substring search on zcatalog textindex

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:48:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Searching TextIndexes you can use "and", "or" or "andnot" as query criteria.
> I also see support in the source code for near searches using "..." in the
> query string. I have not been able to get this to work (although the first
> three work great for me), and would like to.

I haven't tried to get near searches to work yet; haven't had the need.
I'm just reading the code <grin>.

I think Dieter looked at this in 2.1.x and found some bugs, and I
don't know if his fixes got into 2.2; I don't think he's had
opportunity to test 2.2 yet.  If you scan the zope.nipltd.com
archives for '...' you'll probably find the relevant messages.  Or
'zcatalog and near' if '...' isn't a valid search string.

--RDM