[Zope] Seeking Zope Volunteers

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:17:26 +1000

y+-------[ Dieter Maurer ]----------------------
| Andrew Kenneth Milton writes:
|  > +-------[ Lyno Sullivan, Candidate ]----------------------
|  > | Greetings,
|  > |
|  > | My name is Lyno Sullivan and I am the endorsed Independence Party (see
|  >
|  > [ snip ]
|  > ....
|  > And you are now Lyno Sullivan, Spammer and in violation of your own laws.
|
| I would not be that hard.
|
| I think political support is essential for the free software movement.
| I see this in Europe where the European Commission prepares
| to make software and business rules patentable -- a nightmare
| for free software and free look&feel.
| Therefore, it is not bad for the free software movement to support
| the right politics.

Volunteers is tolerable, campaign donations is an entirely different ballgame.
Especially since on one hand they're not taking donations from 'special
interest groups.' The "Free Software Movement" is a special interest group,
if they don't support special interest groups then they don't support you.

| I, personnally, do not mind *one time* announcements of the above
| kind.

I do. One time announcements belong on mailing-lists like zope-announce, or
zope-chat. We have enough people who rouse when stuff is off topic
(like this whole thread, and I do apologise for continuing it),
without the introduction postings about stuff that is completely and
totally unrelated.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |