[Zope] DTML: fetch an object by its url?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:46:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Scott Shepherd wrote:
> In DTML is it possible to get an object using its url? Something like
>
>     <dtml-with "get_object( '/some/local/url' )">...</dtml-with>

Something like.

I asked this question a long time ago, and refound the answer by
searching the zope.nipltd.com mailing list archives using the
search terms 'resolve and url'.

<dtml-with "REQUEST.resolve_url('/some/local/url')">

I also have a vauge memory that this may be a depricated interface
and that 2.2 has some new method you should use instead.  But I couldn't
come up with a search phrase to get the right message for that one <frown>.

--RDM