[Zope] Simple acquisition (?) question

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:20:54 +0200

on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 Jean Jordaan wrote :
JJ>   <!--#var title_or_id-->

JJ> What further confuses me is that '/docs' has no title, and it
JJ> contains 'index_html (Document Warehouse)'. Now
JJ> 'standard_html_header' renders '/docs/index_html's title.

JJ> If '/' has no title and '/index_html' does,
JJ> 'standard_html_header' renders no title. This seems inconsistent.
JJ> Because there's acquisition stuff that escapes me, doubtless.
JJ> Anyone have 50c worth of enlightenment?

Check whether those index_htmls are DTML methods or DTML
documents..

DTML Documents have properties of their own, and return
their title, when title_or_id is callet upon them..

DTML methods are just that, methods of their container, in
this case their folder, and so returns the folder's title
when title_or_id is called on them ..

see also :
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/DTMLMethodsandDocsHowTo

--