[Zope] ZCatalog key error

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 02:02:51 -0400

Yeah, it's running 2.2.1b1 and it's still hosed.  :-(  When Ethan gets
back from LinuxWorld, I'm going to try to have him update to the latest
CVS and see if we can pin the problem down.

I added logging code to the catalog that was *supposed* to make it
easier to track down why these keyerrors were happening.  However, I
muffed it and the current Zope 2.2.1b1 release logs errors on all
fieldindex uncatalog_object calls (no matter if there's a problem or
not).  That particular problem is fixed in CVS.

We need to get a chance to examine the error output from index-unindex
functions to see exactly what's going on with the catalog.  I
desperately need to fix this problem for reasons unrelated to zope.org.
If anyone is running a current CVS checkout of the Zope 2.2 branch, and
they're having KeyErrors, if you can send me relevant sections of your
stupid_log_file, I'd be grateful.  Maybe I can establish a pattern.  But
please don't send me log files with hundreds of unindex_object calls ala
Zope 2.2.1b1, it needs to be the latest CVS checkout on the 2.2 branch.