[Zope] jcNTUserFolder troubles ..

Jean Jordaan Jean@mosaicsoftware.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:11:15 +0200

Hi all

Owww, now I understand nothing anymore.

There's an NTUserFolder in '/' with user zopeman (on the local machine)
with Manager and Debugger roles (Debugger doesn't have any permissions,
it's just used to trigger the output of debugging information).
'standard_html_header' contains:

    <dtml-if AUTHENTICATED_USER>
        <dtml-var "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()">
        <dtml-var "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles()">
    <!--#var title_or_id-->

Now how on earth can this output::

    corpcomms\zopeman

i.e. with *no* roles. Furthermore, when I browse to '/docs/manage' I get
the left frame ('manage_menu') OK, but the right frame contains the
viewed 'index_html' instead of the management view ('manage_workspace').

And, having gone back and forth with this for a bit, Python is now
permanently taking up 99% of CPU. When I looked, it was using 21Mb
of memory. Zope has frozen. I can't even browse to the control panel
to shut it down. ?!?!?!

I walked over to the relevant machine to shutdown and restart the Zope
service, and that took me 10 minutes because it had become completely
unresponsive.

Any advice, pleeeze? Could this be due to jcNTUserFolder? Has anyone
used it under stress?

--
Jean Jordaan   --    technical writer    --
Mosaic Sofware --    Zope 2.1.6 on WinNT and W2K