[Zope] Zserver vs Apache

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:47:18 -0400

(man this is coming up a lot today)

It is not ZServer vs Apache but ZServer alone or behind Apache. Either way
you are using ZServer.

ZServer will do all of your http requests and as a stand alone server it
will work just fine. It is faster than putting Apache in front of it and is
certainly easier to set up. It does not however offer SSL (think there is a
product for this) and if you are in a mixed environment (meaning you don't
control the webserver) it is easier to put behind Apache (many ways). I have
a couple different sites doing to both ways. I, PERSONALLY, like ZServer
alone. I find the logging situation better, the speed better and is less
things running on the server.