[Zope] tree tag woes continue :S

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:54:16 +0200 (CEST)

Chris Withers writes:
 > My idea, as you may have seen from recent posts, was to do a dtml-in
 > over the first set of children so I could do the batching there, and
 > then do a dtml-tree for each one of them to get the tree as before.
 >
 > Is this a good or a bad idea?
 > Is having lots of dtml-tree's on the same page acceptable or not?
I think, it is acceptable from a user point of view.

I am not sure, whether they behave well, because all trees share
a single cookie value, tree-s, to maintain there state.

At least some operations on one treem, e.g. "collapse_all",
may have adverse effects on the state of other trees.

However, maybe, you are lucky. Up to now, I did not yet
see problems with several trees in several pages which
should be the same problem.

 > I'm currently trying:
 >
 >   <dtml-in postingValues>
 >     <dtml-with "_.getitem('sequence-item',0)">
 >     <dtml-tree branches="postingValues">
I would expect:
       <dtml-tree sequence-item branches=postingValues>

Dieter