[Zope] I cannot compile Zope...

Paul Hewitt paul@livetoad.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:45:51 -0400

Petru Paler wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 05:58:58PM -0400, Paul Hewitt wrote:
> > ...on RedHat 6.2 (Zoot).  I did not have problems
> > compiling  Zope 2.0 thru 2.2 on earlier versions
> > of RH (eg, 5.2, 6.1).  The problem seems to be
> > with finding the include files, among them
> > asm/socket.h.  I have played around with
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc but so far have not gotten
> > anything to compile -- not Zope, not ZDiscussions,
> > etc.  I have installed the binary version of Zope
> > and this works fine, but that does not come with
> > pcgi-wrapper compiled, for example.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Install the kernel-source RPM and run "make menuconfig" once in the /usr/src/linux
> directory (just enter and exit it, no need to configure anything).
>
> Or you can just install kernel-headers.
>
> --
> Petru Paler, mailto:ppetru@ppetru.net
> http://www.ppetru.net - ICQ: 41817235

Aha!  For some reason, even tho kernel-source and kernel-headers are installed (and I
re-installed, just to check) the following important links were not set:

/usr/include/linux -> ../src/linux/include/linux
/usr/include/asm -> ../src/linux/include/asm

I set them manually and now all compiling problems have disappeared.  Thanks!