[Zope] Zope.Org Style Developers Portal Question

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:49:59 +0100

> Hi. One of my clients needs to build a portal for developers
> to share information.  Showed them www.zope.org and they
> liked it.  Home much time would it take for a novice to
> go from a raw zope distribution to put in place the core
> functionality/look/feel of the zope.org portal?

As an example....
I created a complete Timesheet tracking system for my (not so big) company
yesterday, using cabbie's TimeTracker (Timesheet) product.
It works fine, but I need to to some minor tweaks to it.
The kewl thing is that I spent 25 mins on it totally. 15 of those 25 mins
was spent on adding some style to the site. Nice colors and goodlooking
fonts.

If you have more than 25 mins to spend, do so on additional stuff and extra
features such as style and design.
Simple. Why do stuff you don't have to do, when some1 else's done it for
you?

Credits to all Zope Product Authors and the Zope team itself!