[Zope] Barcodes, magnetic cards, etc.

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:19:54 +1000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Erik Enge wrote:
> Good morning, people.
>
> I was wondering, can Zope interface to barcodes, magnetic cards
> (e.g. credit cards) and other common shop-"accessories"?

Well, I have used Zope with a Barcode scanner.  Since the scanner (as do
most) work via the keyboard, AS a keyboard, there is really nothing special
to do.

We did include some JavaScript to make the focus change when ENTER is hit,
since the scanner sends that at then end of a scan.

<input type="text" name="name" onKeyUp="if (event.which == 13) {
document.forms[0].NextField.focus(); }">

> Feedback is greatly appretiated :)

From what I can find (working for a company that sells barcode and mag stripe
scanners) you should have little trouble finding either that will interface
as a keyboard.

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney

<dtml-var standard_work_disclaimer>