[Zope] compiling on windows

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:58:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> > Zope builds happily on a stock python 1.5.2 and the cvs versions of
> > 2.0 too.
>
> Huh? I was under the impression that building python C extensions
> needs some stuff from the source dist. But I might be wrong here.

From my unix viewpoint, I assumed that "stock 1.5.2" *was* the
source dist <grin>.  Seriously, though, I believe Python 1.5.2 builds
on Windows, so you shouldn't have a problem.  And yes, building the
Zope C extensions requires at least a "devopers" installation of
Python, which usually means the source dist.  (I *think* that the
stuff that is needed is actually a fairly limited number of files,
at least if you are using loadable modules, so it might in fact
be true that the stock Python Windows install includes the necessary
files.)

--RDM