[Zope] Microsoft SQL Server Access under Linux?

Richard Folwell richard@folwell.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:09:47 +0100

Check out this ODBC-ODBC bridge:

http://linuxpr.com/releases/430.html

I have not tried it, but it does seem to do what you want.

"The ODBC-ODBC Bridge is a package of libraries which provide applications on Linux with access to
ODBC data sources on remote machines. Examples of using the ODBC-ODBC Bridge are:

Apache/PHP + the ODBC-ODBC Bridge (running on Linux) to read/write data held in Microsoft SQLServer
on NT.
Perl + DBI + DBD:ODBC + the ODBC-ODBC Bridge (running on Linux) to read/write data held in a
Microsoft Access database on NT.
As above but with Python's mxODBC, RExx/SQL or any C application.
Access from StarOffice or Applixware on Linux to remote ODBC databases.
Access to any remote ODBC compliant driver."

If you find problems with this one, I suspect that there are other offerings (web search, "+ODBC
+bridge").

Richard

P.S. Please let us know how you get on.