[Zope] Re: Stupid SiteAccess Question

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:06:25 +0100

Terry Babbey wrote:
> OK. I just downloaded SiteAccess 2.0.0b3 and untarred it in my Zope
> directory. I shutdown and restarted Zope but when I go to Control
> Panel/Manage Products I do not see SiteAccess listed. AM I missing
> something here ( quite probable )?

The latest SiteAccess is packaged a little differently from most other
products.

Most products are created with the idea that you will untar them in your
Zope directory, adn they will put themselves in
lib/python/Products/ProductName.

SiteAccess just puts itself in the directory SiteAccess.

Therefore, you need to untar the siteaccess archive in your
lib/python/Products directory.

Seeing as you've already done this, you can simply move the SiteAccess
folder from one level below your Zope installation folder, and put it in
your Products folder.

The reason SiteAccess is this way is that it provudes better
compatibility with using INSTANCE_HOME to share a single bunch of code
between many Zope instances.

From the CHANGES.txt file:

        * The tarball no longer includes 'lib/python/Products' in file
        paths.  It must be unpacked in the Products directory, for
        better compatibility with INSTANCE_HOME installations.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer