[Zope] Corruption caused by 'Pack'?

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:41:00 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Marcin Kasperski writes:
>  > .... pack corrupts Data.fs ....
>  >
>  > Has anyone notified similar problems? What could be going on?
> An officially announced and fully described bug...
>
> You know by now where you find the searchable archive?

I tried it. I found numerous posts about problems with packing, but I do
not know which one do you mean - some mention errors in older zope
versions (even with comments like 'the fix is done and scheduled for
2.2.0'), others mention, that packing does not work in scenario 'pack
for 0 days' then 'pack for 10 days' (when one packs for more days than
previously). AFAIR I have never packed my database - an attempt to pack
for 10 days, which caused critical errors, was the first one!

The newest message on zope-dev mentioned that the bug is fixed and will
be removed in 2.2.0. I use 2.2.0 and have never used older version.

Nevertheless, it seems strange to me, that the function containing so
critical error is described in detail in Zope Content Manager Guide -
short intro for beginners.

-- Serwis dla programistów z kącikiem mieszkaniowym: http://www.mk.w.pl