[Zope] Zope CVS on Windoze

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:26:29 +0200

On 24 Aug 2000, 7:31  Chris Withers wrote:

(I asked)

> > Is there perhaps a better way for installing a cvs checkout on
> > windows? It's obvious that none of the c modules get compiled, but
> > these seem to change rather rarely ...
>
> I'd love to know the answer to this too :-)
>
> (mindyou, I might just switch to Unix anyway ;-)

Which Unix? There are so many to choose from.  ;-) I am plagued
by at least two different variants I've installed Zope on, and a few
more where I just use it, which differ in a sometimes subtle,
sometimes not so subtle way. Getting Zope working on a DEC
Alpha OSF1, for example, is about as funny as installing a RPM
made for Redhat on a Suse distribution.

Speaking about Linux - I just noticed that the upcoming Suse
distribution (V7) will contain Zope in the "professional edition", see

http://www.suse.de/de/produkte/susesoft/linux/Pakete_prof/pak_diff.
html and
http://www.suse.de/de/produkte/susesoft/linux/Pakete_prof/paket_z
ope.html

It's a bit old, though: 2.1.6

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include