[Zope] Windoze + Zope in Debug :S (OT)

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:08:51 -0700

From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>

> Phil Harris wrote:
> > Goes into the 'ether', there was a post to the list about getting it
sent to
> > the system event log, might be worth chasing that up?
>
> Nah, I'll just run it in a DOS box...
>
> ...which brings up another question:
>
> Is there any way I can make the DOS box in Win98 (think laptop here ;-)
> to buffer like it does in WinNT?
>
> You know the story: Zope spits out four pages of debug info, and you can
> only read the last 25 lines :(
>
> Any ideas?

I use MKS Toolkit (http://www.datafocus.com/products/) to make DOS more
UNIX-like. My start.sh (replacement for start.bat) contains:

stty rows 59
C:/Zope220/bin/python.exe C:/Zope220/z2.py -D  -p '' -m ''

...which doesn't make the DOS-box scroll, but at least makes it bigger
(YLaptopMMV). There may be a way of doing the same in pure DOS without MKS
Toolkit.

-- Loren