[Zope] FSSession problems...

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:42:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> But if User A logs in with NS, this doesn't happen.
>
> I am really confused as to what's going on....

Me too!

> My only thoughts are that FSSession is perhaps getting confused by Apache,
> but surely it would re-issue the same Session ID the request came in with?

SessionUID is a combination of a time stamp in seconds and a random
integer between 1 and some billions. I just tested the behaviour of the
random generator under multiple threads and it seems to be ok. So I
suppose there is close to zero chance of two requests obtaining the same
SessionUID. During load time FSSession gets SessionUID from a cookie if it
exists. The only way I can see what you describe happening is in a
situation where two or more threads share the same volatile attributes,
which as far as I know is not the case. ZODB creates separate copies of
each object in each individual thread and nothing is really shared apart
from global variables and class (not instance) attributes.

I will do some tests ...

Puzzled

Pavlos