[Zope] Small Tip

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:00:53 -0400

Maik Roeder wrote:
> It always got on my nerves that I needed to change the column
> size of the DTML Method and DTML Document Edit Forms
> manually by pressing "Wider" and "Narrower".
>
> Instead of patching the Zope source code, I found the following
> a good approach:
>
> Define a property in your root folder:
>
> id: dtpref_cols
> type: int
> value: 80
>
> The magic of acquisition does all the rest ;-)

Or how about this (from Evan Simpson):

In OFS/documentEdit.dtml change the line that reads:

	<TEXTAREA NAME="data:text" WRAP="Off"

to:

	<TEXTAREA NAME="data:text" WRAP="Off" STYLE="width: 100%"

This should make the edit box expand automatically to the full width in
browsers that support this property, including IE 5.x and Mozilla but
not Netscape 4.x.

Shane