[Zope] PTK and Membership product

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:23:56 -0400 (EDT)

From Friday's 8-25 PTK CVS....

PTK has logic to support the Membership product, but it seems to be
using the old MembershipZ name. I want to use this combination because
we have own own custom database where user accounting will be stored.

(I am using PortalMembership version 0.7.2. By the way the version
numbers in the code need updating -- it claims it is 0.7.0)

class DemoPortalBaseclass in Portal.py I had to change MembershipZ/LoginMember

 # self.acl_users was magically created by the above call
            #'PortalMembership/PortalMember' 'MembershipZ/LoginMember'
            for us in self.acl_users.UserSourcesGroup.objectValues():
                if us.meta_type == 'Persistent User Source':
                    us.__of__(self.acl_users).manage_setStorage(
                       'PortalMembership/PortalMember' )
                    break

But this was not enough, it breaks at:

                                     Zope Error

                                     Error Type: AttributeError
                                     Error Value: setMemberProperties

                                     Troubleshooting Suggestions

                                          The URL may be incorrect.
                                          The parameters passed to this resource may be
                                          incorrect.
                                          A resource that this resource relies on may be
                                          encountering an error.

                                     For more detailed information about the error, please refer to
                                     the HTML source for this page.

                                     If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank
                                     you for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: Portal_add)
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
    (Object: Portal_add)
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 172, in __call__
    (Object: Portal_add)
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 528, in __call__
    (Object: Portal_add)
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line 146, in render
    (Object: Portal.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Let.py, line 147, in render
    (Object: RESPONSE="_.None")
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 337, in eval
    (Object: portal_registration.addMember(username, password,
        ('Member', 'Manager', 'Reviewer'), '', REQUEST))
    (Info: username)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File /users/hog/software/zope/Zope-2.2.0-solaris-2.6-sparc/lib/python/Products/PTKBase/RegistrationTool.py, line 174, in addMember
    (Object: portal_registration)
AttributeError: (see above)

Is there any thing I also need to do to make this combination work? Do
I need to use the older MembershipZ stuff?

Has anyone used the ZSession product with PTK? Again we are storing
sesssion info in our own database and I would liek to uses Zpatterns
for this.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
aboulanger@vpatch.com