[Zope] Z Database Connections - pass uid/pwd to RDB

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:06:20 +0200

--=====_96763718018467=_

When you create a Z database connection you must supply a fixed connection
string with a fixed uid/pwd to open that connection.

So every user that connects to Zope connects with the fixed uid/pwd to the=
 relational database.

Is there any way or workaround to dynamically pass the Zope uid/password to=
 the relational database?
This is important when user security is maintained by the database scheme.

Not that I really want this feature for my use but we have projects where=
 the customer has the database model
ready and wants the users to be individually authenticated at the=
 relational database (in this case: Oracle).

thanks

Philipp Auersperg(zwork)

--=====_96763718018467=_

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: x-small"
text=#000000>
<DIV>When you create a Z database connection you must supply a fixed
connection</DIV>
<DIV>string with a fixed uid/pwd to open that connection.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So every user that connects to Zope connects with the fixed uid/pwd to the
relational database.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is there any way or workaround to dynamically pass the Zope uid/password to
the relational database?</DIV>
<DIV>This is important when user security is maintained by the database
scheme.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Not that I really want this feature for my use but we have projects where
the customer has the database model</DIV>
<DIV>ready and wants the users to be individually authenticated at the
relational database (in this case: Oracle).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Philipp Auersperg(zwork)</DIV>