[Zope] Management Interface Refactoring?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:32:07 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  >  - it sends me to the management screen afterwards, and I'm
>  >    calling it from the public interface.
> This means, you want to look at the source of "manage_delObjects"
> (-> "OFS.ObjectManager") to see, how it sends you to the management interface.
>
> You will see, that it contains:
>
>         if REQUEST is not None:
>           return self.manage_main(self,REQUEST,update_menu)
>
> Thus, do not pass it a REQUEST.

It's this kindof hackiness which I really hope MJ's work eventually gets
rid of.

This is the sort of thing I was talking about when I said "using bits of
the management interface in other contexts" a while back.

what do other people think?

How do we go about making progress on this?

cheers,

Chris