[Zope] How to use DocumentTemplate custom formats from Python?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:55:32 +0100 (BST)

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> All other "*_quote" features are implemented via *arguments*
> (sql_quote, html_quote, url_quote). Why do you want to make
> your "javascript_quote" a format? Note, that you may want to
> quote a (otherwise) formatted value.

I don't especially want to make it a format rather than a modifier - I
take your point about being able to modify a formatted value. Before I
was directed to the DT_Var module, I had been going just on what is in
the DTML Reference, where it mentions only custom formats. I've now had
a look at the DT_Var module, but I don't see an obvious way to register
my own modifier without hacking the module.

Hamish Lawson

=====
Hamish Lawson  hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk