[Zope] Why Not Zope? 'Cos I like to bitch! ;-)

Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:19:58 -0500

On 1 Dec 2000, Brian Lloyd wrote:
>I think that this perception may be fostered by the fact
>that the current bug-tracking system (Collector) doesnt
>really let you see what has been done lately. Unless you
>happen to see the emails going out on resolution, you
>really aren't aware of the activity going on :(

Indeed, I wrote this mostly because of the Collector's interface.  I'm
quite careful to write "it's not apparent to a casual observer whether
DC is responsive or not," and do not claim anything about the accuracy
of that perception.  I've sent in a few patches through the Collector;
sometimes the response is quick, sometimes it isn't, either of which
can be a reasonable reaction depending on the seriousness of the bug.
But it's often not apparent what's going on, at least to an outsider.

The SourceForge bug tracking tools make it more apparent what's
happening with a bug (or not happening); so does Bugzilla, but
Bugzilla seems endlessly overcomplicated in other ways.

--amk