[Zope] Passing lists in a get request (ZCatalog Search)

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:57:27 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Darin Lee wrote:

> the request would look like:
> search?meta_type=Publication&theme=Air&theme=Land&theme=Water
>
> I can't figure out how to pass a list in the get request. How do I pass
> more than one theme to the method as a list? I have discovered through
> trial and error that I can pass it the values if I repeat theme for each
> list item. However, I also have a criteria - "category" with over 32
> items, and a criteria - "division" with 14 items. This becomes extremely
> clumsy with
> "category=reports&category=guidebooks&division=lwm&division=aqd" etc. repeated
> 32 times. Not to mention that there is a limit of how much info I can
> pass in the get request itself.
>
> Is there a better way to pass the lists to my method?

Sending data as form-data. Insert in your HTML hidden form (hidden fields
only) with your search method as "action", method="POST", and
enctype="multipart/form-data". In <a ...> tag used to run your query,
use: href="javascript:myForm.submit()".

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |